4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 9:07 AM by AbdoulBaldé

Display Checkbox list in a Portal

AbdoulBaldé

Title

Display Checkbox list in a Portal

Hi, 

I am using a portal to display the list of rooms related to a certain Floor Level. I have two tables linked

Floor Level

- KP_ID

- Name

Rooms

- KP_ID

- Name

- Surface

- FK_Level ID

The portal looks fine but I am trying to display another portal that will show additional date on the rooms the user selected. The third table links the Room_ID from the Rooms Table with the Room_ID of that third table which has other info such capacities by configuration style. 

In the portal I have created, the rooms belonging to a level are displayed as checkboxes but I have more than one check box on one line. 

I would like to have ONE  RECORD with the checkbox sign next to it BY ROW. 

Could you please help?

Many Thanks

• 1. Re: Display Checkbox list in a Portal
          philmodjunk

Do you mean that you have a single check box in each row and when you click the row, the details appear in the 2nd portal for that room and the check for that portal row is selected? And any previous selection clears? and the problem is getting the check boxes to work--not showing the details in the second portal?

• 2. Re: Display Checkbox list in a Portal
            AbdoulBaldé

Yes indeed. This is exactly what I am looking for. I was able to find a work around by using a non editable field with a button setup and adding a SelectedRoom field in the current layout Table and linking it to the rooms table which is linked to the capacities table.  Now when the user clicks on a room name from the first portal, it shows related data for that room. Since the second portal has only one row and no scroll bar , it is acceptable. 

Do you have another solution?

• 3. Re: Display Checkbox list in a Portal
              philmodjunk

You can use conditional formatting to change the fill color of the portal row you clicked to bring up the details.

If you want the check box format (even though this really acts like radio buttons rather than check boxes...), you can use this method--which is just a variation of the changing fill color trick:

Use the rectangle tool to draw a square in your portal row to use as the "check box". Use the text tool to place an "x" or other character on top of, centered and sized so that it will serve as the "check" marking which portal row record is selected. Use conditional formatting to change the font size of the x to make it large enough that it disappears. (usually about 120+ points will do.) You can select the field, the box and the x and use button set up to turn them into a button to perform your script. And your conditional format expression compares the SelectedRoom field to the corresponding field in the portal and sets the size to 120+ when the values are not equal.

• 4. Re: Display Checkbox list in a Portal
                AbdoulBaldé

Thanks. I had alriday implemented the conditional formatting color so I think I will stick that method instead of the checkboxes.