AnsweredAssumed Answered

Display icons based on a checkbox set

Question asked by MattSchuurman on Dec 14, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Display icons based on a checkbox set

Hello,

I am creating a directory from hundreds of records. One of the fields in my layout is a checkbox set, with about a dozen options to choose from (multiple boxes can be selected within a record).

Some of the values in the checkbox set have quite lengthy names, and if one record has too many boxes selected, the names do not fit in the layout.

I am importing the records from an excel database, so changing the names of the values in the checkbox set is not an option (as far as I know).

In a perfect world, I would like to have each selected checkbox set represented graphically in my finished layout. For example, if the options were your favourite food, and one record has pizza and spaghetti selected, I would like those to be represented by a small icon or thumbnail of a pizza slice or a plate of spaghetti.

Can this be done?

Alternately, would there be a way for me to shorten the names in the value set, and still have the excel document match up properly? I will be importing records into this database frequently, so I would prefer not to have to do a "Replace Field Contents" every time.

Outcomes