1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2013 11:17 AM by philmodjunk

Display in list view

FileMakerNovice

Title

Display in list view

I would like to know how to display a certain way in list view.  I believe it may take an additional relationship.

Let's say I have a table that has a list of employees, their manager name and a grade.  The grade is extracted from fields in two other tables.  Grade is a calculated field.  I would like to display a list of managers and their employee's average grade without displaying the employee names.  

So...
           Manager 1 - His employee average grade
           Manager 2 - His employee average grade
           Etc.

• 1. Re: Display in list view
          philmodjunk

This can be done from a table of managers, where you'd have one record for each manager...

Or you can use your table of employees, but replace the body layout part with a sub summary layout part "when sorted by" the manager field. Summary fields placed in this sub summary part may be able to report your average grade--if there is a grade field defined in this employees table. You may need to add a calcualtion feld if the grade is computed elsewhere, that copies this value into the employees table so that a summary field can average it.

Please note that such a layout will be blank unless the records are sorted by the "sorted by" field of your sub summary layout part.