1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 12:53 PM by philmodjunk

Display more than 10 column in portal

RahulSatasia

Title

Display more than 10 column in portal

Hi all,

I'm new to filemaker.

I have a situation where I have a Sub-Table with 16 column (I have year by year values in sub-table) and I want it to display on Parent Table layout..?

How can I do that.?

- I tried using portal to display 6 columns from sub-table which is covering my 98% of page width. Here my page width is fixed and I don't want to increase it. 

- Another way I was thinking is Creating button on Parent Table layout to Re-direct user to Sub-Table layout and add values over there..?

Can anyone suggest me a good solution.?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Display more than 10 column in portal
          philmodjunk

If you can't fit your portal on your page without making the fields in the portal too narrow (you can change the the field widths) or by making the rows taller and placing some fields above/below the others in the same portal row, then your button to another table is indeed a workable option.

You'll need to either set up a script that performs a find on the other layout to find the records that your button performs, or you could use Go To Related Record in a script or single step in Button Setup to switch layouts and bring up the records shown in the portal.