3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 10:03 AM by TomHorton

Display most recent records in a table

TomHorton

Title

Display most recent records in a table

Hi all - 

I have a particularly thorny problem that I'm hoping the experts on the forums may be able to help me solve.

I have a database with multiple tables.  In the first table I have a portal on the same page the display of the pricing calculations that are done.  Notice the transaction count, pay particular attention to that number.  Every month the number of transactions can change and every month I import these transactions into the table labeled transactions.  My intent is to let this table grow and grow without needing to trim anything out of it.  

The portal piece is working fine and importing data into the transactions table is working fine.  The problem I'm having is in the transaction count field used for my calculations.  Whenever I import additional transactions, the transaction field only displays the FIRST record of that particular merchant.  It's only useful if it's going to display the most RECENT record.  I have them sorted by date (ex: 201302).  I am at my wits end trying to make it display the way I want.  I'm going to reply with the separate table setup as well.

Thanks again for any help.

portal.JPG