2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 5:50 PM by PaulTyshing

Display multiple lines of text in text field

PaulTyshing

Title

Display multiple lines of text in text field

Is it possible to have a text field expand to show entire contents when defined area in the layout is smaller;

eg:

part#123      this is the description of this part number which            qty1        price=$

takes up more than one or two lines

part#345      next part# only requires one line                                    qty2        price=$

part#678      another part#                                                                  qty3        price=$

• 1. Re: Display multiple lines of text in text field
          philmodjunk

Only in Browse mode and only if you click or tab into the field.

But when printing or previewing your layout, you can st the field(s) to be many lines of text tall and set them to slide up and to resize the enclosing part.

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1.           It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          3.           Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
          5.           All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          7.           Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          9.           Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          11.           Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
          13.           Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
          15.           In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.
          • 2. Re: Display multiple lines of text in text field
            PaulTyshing

Thanks Phil - I'll play around with this and see if I can get the result I'm looking for. I'm a total rookie with FMP so it may take me some time.