2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 9:36 PM by NicoleCiemniak

Display of layout shifting down after clicking "find"

NicoleCiemniak

Title

Display of layout shifting down after clicking "find"

I was wondering if there was any way to fix the following problem:

When I choose the find option when I'm in one of my layouts (specifically one where there are more fields than other layouts - more to scroll through), it jumps to an area further down the layout rather than staying at the top of the page, where all of the more important information is located.

This hinders my search process, since I often search by record ID, which is at the very top of the page - hence I have to scroll to the top to get to it.

The screenshot image shows which part of the layout is shown after the find (which is not the top).

Layout_after_Find.png

• 1. Re: Display of layout shifting down after clicking "find"
          SteveMartino

Taking a guess, which field is active when you click the find button?  I've noticed that if I have an active field at the bottom of the layout and click find, thats where it will go.  If no field is active it tends to highlight the first field in my tab order.  At least that's my experience.

I would also add, in my case, I almost always use scripted finds from a button.  If you're usually searching by Record ID, I would put a Search by ID button with attached script on the layout to put you in that field.

• 2. Re: Display of layout shifting down after clicking "find"
            NicoleCiemniak

Oh that is absolutely brilliant! I would've never thought that it might be the tab order that's affecting it, it didn't even come to mind. That was definitely it, since I generally don't have anything selected when performing find (usually just hit Ctrl + F). Thank you so much!