3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 4:21 AM by Gilo

Display pdf in container field on windows 8

Gilo

Title

Display pdf in container field on windows 8

Hi

Is there a way to display a pdf (multiple pages) in a container field on a windows 8 machine with FM 13 pro adv.?

On OS X it works like a charm, but on windows the image of the pdf works but the interactive display does not

• 1. Re: Display pdf in container field on windows 8
          philmodjunk

A container field optimized for interactive content and into which "Insert PDF" was used to insert the PDF should work for you. If it doesn't, you should post this as a bug report over in Report an Issue.

• 2. Re: Display pdf in container field on windows 8
            Gilo

Hey thank you for your reply

Insert pdf is greyed out. So I can't use that option. Right now we're using a drag and drop to insert documents into the container field.

The weird thing is, that I use the container field with a small size in a portal (also definded as interactive) and there i works perfectly. I have a script on that container field, to open up another layout based on the documents, to display the pdf bigger so you are able to read it inside FM. And there I don't see the document no more, I only see the reader icon of Windows 8.

I don't understand why it's working on one place and not on another. 

• 3. Re: Display pdf in container field on windows 8
              Gilo

I found a solution.

On my Windows 8 computer, Acrobat Reader wasn't installed. So I had to install Acrobat Reader, changed in the "default programs" settings .pdf to Acrobat Reader and I restarted the computer. Now it works like a charm. 

Thank you for your help