2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2015 7:35 PM by scain101

Display photos in a report

scain101

Title

Display photos in a report

I am building a report of building sections and want to display two photos and their captions in a row. Some sections may have 3 photos to display and some may have 17 or more to display. I would like to have 3 rows of two photos per page.  I need to be able to display the photos in Print mode.

The photos are stored in a table of "Inspection Photos" linked to the "Inspection ID" in another table.  The report is based on building sections and I believe I have my relationships correct.

Any help on how to start would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Display photos in a report
          philmodjunk

The report is based on building sections and I believe I have my relationships correct.

But we do not know what relationships those are, nor what other data and from what tables you need to include in your report along with the photos. We also do not know if your photos are stored in a table with one photo to a record in the table or if the photos are stored in a table that is designed differently.

There are several different ways that you can display your photos for printing such that they appear in a grid of variable length. A layout can be arranged to show data in the body in multiple columns. One row portals can be arranged on a layout to form the same type of grid. That "grid" might be a single row of records in a list view where each record adds one more row of these photos--just to name several different possibilities.

The best option will depend on those design details that we do not yet see in this thread.

• 2. Re: Display photos in a report
            scain101

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have a Parent table = Building Sections, Child table = Inspections, Grandchild = Inspection Photos.

Each photo with caption is a separate record in the Inspection Photo table.  So, if I have 5 photos, I want to include in the report, it would be 2 rows of two photos + another row with one photo; Or if 17 photos, it would be 8 rows of two + one row of one photo.

Thanks again.