1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2014 10:26 AM by philmodjunk

Display records in portal in which one field does not match a field in another table?

JayD_1

Title

Display records in portal in which one field does not match a field in another table?

Hi all,

Been struggling with an issue in a database I am creating for awhile now, and searching these forums has not provided me with the answer.

I have a database in which one table, "Curriculum", holds records that contain fields for Modules and Sub Modules, among other fields. Another table, "Evaluations", allows a user to select a contact and complete an evaluation for a given Module or Sub Module from curriculum, which is stored as a new record in the Evaluations table.

I have a third table, "Contacts", which holds all of the names and basic information for each student. Under their contact details, I want to display a list of all Sub Modules from the Curriculum table that have not been completed in a record for that contact in the Evaluations table.

Any help you could provide me in designing a script or a portal filter to display these results would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Jay

• 1. Re: Display records in portal in which one field does not match a field in another table?
          philmodjunk

What comprises a "completed" sub Module? What data is recorded in what table?

The following suggestions are very general as I don't quite see how all the pieces fit together here:

A portal filter can probably be set up with the IsEmpty function if a field is empty unless the sub Module is completed.

Or a calculation field can be defined to return a value when the sub Module is not complete and you can use it in a match field to match for such records.

ExecuteSQL could be used to produce a list of return separated IDs as a Match field as well.

What you can't do, is use a match field in a relationship if that field is empty to show that the sub module is not complete.