1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 11:01 AM by philmodjunk

Display the word TRUE as text not as a number

ClaireCollin

Title

Display the word TRUE as text not as a number

I have a column in excel that is filled with TRUE or FALSE.  When I import this into Filemaker Pro it automatically changes the TRUE and FALSE to 1 and 0.  The field is set to be text so I am not sure why this is happening.  I need it to display the words TRUE and FALSE, not numbers, as they are written in the excel file.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Display the word TRUE as text not as a number
          philmodjunk

I predict that if you open the excel file and select one of the cells with these values, what you will find is that you have True or False in the cell and not 'True or 'False. Excel is storing these values as the numbers 1 for True and 0 for false and thus this is the data being imported into FileMaker.

You can either insert the single quote in front of this text to make Excel store it as text or you can use either an auto-enter calculation or Replace Field Contents with the calculation option to turn 1 into the text "True" and 0 into the text "False".

Or you can keep them as 1's and 0's and use data formatting with the Boolean option to display the values as True and False--much the way that Excel did it to begin with.