2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 2:45 PM by ekm12

Display within the same window

ekm12

Title

Display within the same window

Is there a way to use the same window for a layout being called from an external database file?  I am currently using FMP9.

I have a student database linked to the Tests database and when I call the report for the specific student from the Tests, the report gets all the related records for the student but opens a new window, this is what I would like to prevent.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

ekm12 

• 1. Re: Display within the same window
          mrvodka
             most likely the option to open a new window in the Go to Related Records step has been checked. Or perhaps it is calling another file. I dont not know enough about your structure.
          • 2. Re: Display within the same window
            ekm12

Thank you for your response...

I do not have "Show in new window" Result option set in the Go to Related records step.  Yes it is call another file, I believe that is why it's opening to another window.  My structure is, I have a Student database with many tables, one table, StudentDetails needs to link to another table in the external ExpressiveTest database.  I have a relationship between the two database files/table matching on StudentID.  I hope this helps...