AnsweredAssumed Answered

Displaying a Drop Down List in Record Order

Question asked by benpwallis on Jan 7, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 by comment_1

Title

Displaying a Drop Down List in Record Order

FM PRO ADV 10.0V3

Hi,

I have two tables linked together so table 1 pulls information in a drop down box layout from a field in table 2

I am struggling to have this display in anything but Ascending Order

What I want to do is in table two I am entering records lets say in the following format

presales

hardware

software

accessories

but when I click on the drop down box in table one it displays the above records in ascending order

I tried creating a new field named ID and then placed in the ID Field numerical numbers ie 1 2 3 4

So I have the first field in the table two as ID with the number 1 as the first record the next field (challenge) holds presales

however still when going back to table 1 although I change the relationship from (challenge) to ID (replicating the ID field in table 1) when I still select the drop down box it ignores the ID field and still sorts ascending on the 'challenge' field.

Finally I have tried right clicking the 'challenge' field and sorting by value list ID (created by specifying field in table 2) and still nothing

I guess I am missing something dead simple but now looped round so much I probably confused myself.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and apologies for the newby question!

Regards

Ben

Outcomes