3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 9:42 AM by philmodjunk

Displaying certain records

jackien

Title

Displaying certain records

I have thousands of records of words, including the alphabet. Now the alphabet is buried within these words. Is there an easy way for me to find my alphabet? Can I create a relationship that when I click on it will display just the alphabet? Can I import/move those alphabet records into another table to view? 

let me know if i need to explain more.

• 1. Re: Displaying certain records
          philmodjunk

The answer to all of your questions is yes in each case.

And yes, we need to know more to better answer your questions. What do you mean by "Buried within these words"?

Without knowing more, my best guess is that we can perform a find for all records where the "word" is just one letter in length and then we can use import records to send this alphabet to a new table--you can even create that new table as part of the import records process.

On the other hand, there may be very good reasons NOT to separate them into their own table--it depends on what you need to do with the data in your database.

• 2. Re: Displaying certain records
            jackien

Sorry, meant to say buried in the records. My database is words, and alphabets from various languages. I want to be able to pull up the alphabet to view just those.

find for all records where the "word" is just one letter in length and then we can use import records to send this alphabet to a new table--you can even create that new table as part of the import records process.

This is what I'd love to do.

• 3. Re: Displaying certain records
              philmodjunk

Assuming that you have just a single word in a text field, you can enter find mode and type in a single @ character and then perform the find. This will find all records that have at least one single letter word in the field so it won't work if your field stores phrases that might contain a single letter word.