1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2014 7:48 AM by philmodjunk

Displaying data from multiple records on same layout

gentlegorilla

Title

Displaying data from multiple records on same layout

I am designing a database for a small hotel, for which I am trying to create an initial page with the booking status of each room, which I would like to display side-by-side.

Unfortunately I don't know what would be the best way to achieve this, or if it's even possible in FileMaker.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm trying to achieve: https://s3.amazonaws.com/images_public.gg/hotel_dashboard.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Antal

hotel_dashboard.jpg

• 1. Re: Displaying data from multiple records on same layout
          philmodjunk

The horizontal arrangement of your layout is possible, but takes more work to set up than a vertical arrangement where each row on your layout represents a different room.

To show data from a series of related records in columns like this, use a series of one row portals. Each portal can have a different portal filter for a different room or you can specify initial row 1 for the first one row portal, initial row 2 for the second one row portal and so forth. We call this method a "horizontal portal".

Which approach will work best for you will depend on the structure of your database and what a person interacting with this layout needs to do.