AnsweredAssumed Answered

Displaying long repeating fields on successive lines?

Question asked by seadog on Jan 13, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2010 by mrvodka

Title

Displaying long repeating fields on successive lines?

I'm wondering if a long repeating field can be made to display on successive lines.  Currently when I layout 50 repeats horizontally on an 8.5 x 11 sheet, only the first 10 will print, the rest run off the page.  Is there a way to make the remaining repeats display on successive lines of the 8.5 x 11 format, ie, 5 rows of 10=50 repeats? 

I'm using Filemaker Pro 2.1 (flat db, not relational) at work and have since 2001. It has cut my paperwork in time and along with QuicKeys has allowed me to do some very sophisticated and complex operations without knowing any code.  Up to now it's worked like a charm.  Now I have to reformat a standard report that had 10 repeating fields to 50 repeating fields, the content of which is looked up from another database on Filemaker Pro.  I experimented at home where I use Filemaker Pro 6.0  and have the same trouble:  long horizontal repeating fields run off the page rather than wrap around to display on successive lines.  Any one have an the answer to this problem?  I tend to think it would have been a good thing to include in the program, and am surprised that such an operation doesn't appear possible even in my later Filemaker Pro 6.0.  Thanks. 

Outcomes