1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2010 5:18 AM by ninja

Displaying only found record in related portal

BobAbrams

Title

Displaying only found record in related portal

I have a portal build using a related field and when I do a find on one of the fields in the portal, the result finds the record but the portal shows all of the records associated but I only want to see the found record in the portal (or go to the found record).  I now have to scroll through all of the records in the related portal until I get to the one that I searched on.  As an example, I have a main record which is company info and a portal with multiple contacts for that company.  If I search on a specific person's name, the result will display just the one company that the person is associated with but it will show all of the contacts for that company including the one that I searched for.  I only want it to show the company and just the one record that I was looking for.  Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Displaying only found record in related portal
          ninja

Howdy Bob,

Your find is showing all of the contacts related to the company because you are searching from the perspective of the Company table.  While residing on the Company layout, you are essentially asking "What COMPANIES have a contact with this person's name?"

To get what you want, you would need to ask "What CONTACT has this name, and what company is he associated with?"  To do this, do your find from a layout based on the Contacts table.  Perhaps have a find layout, based on contacts, that also shows the related company info...it could closely resemble your current company layout, but the layout itself should be based on the Contact Table.