1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 11:21 AM by philmodjunk

Displaying the  number of a certain status + Alarm

JoeMintz

Title

Displaying the  number of a certain status + Alarm

So I am fairly new to Filemaker, loving it.  I am having a problem with what I feel should be basic.  Let's say I have a database, we will call it Database, and I have a bunch of fields in it, and I have a "Status" field that is a drop down field and has certain values.

So Database::Status -> Has the drop down values: Open, On Hold, Cancelled, Closed.

I already know how to make buttons, and scripts, that will take these to their own own page and display all of the records with the specified status in a list view, etc.

What I can't figure out is how, on the main page, to make those buttons (4 buttons, which are "Open" "On Hold" "Cancelled" and "Closed") turn a different color, such as red, when more than 1 record has that status.

So, if I have 4 Open status records, the button would be red.  But if I had 0, it would be green.  I know how to change the colors in conditional formatting by right clicking, but I am not sure what to put there, or how to set it up.

I also can't figure out how to make it display the # of records next to the button for the specific status.

For example:

[ Open ] (4)

So, those are my two issues:

1) Changing color based on having more than 1 record using a status
      2) Showing the number of records pertaining to the status next to the button in paranthesis

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.  I can't tell if this is more complicated than what meets the eye, or if I am just missing something.  Thank guys! 

1 2 Previous Next