AnsweredAssumed Answered

Document Management of textbooks, mixing and matching

Question asked by RichardRitterIII on Jun 12, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 by FranGodfrey

Title

Document Management of textbooks, mixing and matching

All,

I just became an Instructional Designer and to date we have 300+ textbooks that were all managed and still are via MS Word.  I am looking to break each manual down into its respective chapters and then objectives which are in each chapter.  All of these objectives are often repeated across many textbooks so I want to use file maker to manage these objectives, link multiple objectives into a chapter, and then multiple chapters into a textbook that can be made a lot faster and with less toggling than MS Word?

Later on I will need to have an email be sent out if someone updates an objective, we have 8 instructors and I can give them access to update a current objective and then save it as another version.  I realize the linking into chapters might have to be redone at this point but that is still much easier than relying on MS Word file linking.

Last I will need to ensure and have these manuals in 12 or so different languages but I think if I can accomplish the task in my first paragraph that would be the key to success.

Thanks for any help.

Outcomes