AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does PDF in Container field work in Filemaker Pro 11?

Question asked by pademo57 on Feb 16, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 by DennisPrickett

Title

Does PDF in Container field work in Filemaker Pro 11?

I'm trying to have a Container field hold a PDf file so when the user clicks (or double-clicks) on the field the PDF pops up.

So I bought the book "Filemaker Pro 11 - The Missing Manual" and it states that you can put a PDF in a Container field.  So when a user clicks on the field it opens the PDF.

However, when I try to do this, firstly, I don't have the options it states in the book and secondly when I did put a PDf file in the container field while I was in Layout mode, it doesn't work.  When I click on the Container field in Browse mode the whole screen blinks but the PDF file does not come up

OR 

If I click on the Container field then use Insert / Object (not Graphic Object).  It gives me the choice of an Adobe PDF file.  I can even resize it and when I double-click it in Layout Mode this works.  However as soon as I switch to Browse mode I can not click (or double-click) on the Container field and have the PDF come up. If I use the Inspector the Browse box is greyed out.

Is this because I have Filemaker Pro and what I really need is Filemaker Pro Advanced to get all the options?

Outcomes