AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does this error message mean anything to anybody?

Question asked by mattb on Oct 14, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2010 by mattb

Title

Does this error message mean anything to anybody?

I have a compiled runtime using FMP 11 v.2 Advanced for OSX.  It runs fine on my MacBook.  I have a beta tester who reports that sometimes the runtime starts up OK and sometimes it doesn't.  When it doesn't, it requires a force-quit.  When it fails, the last entry in the Console log says this:

14/10/10 3:46:46 PM Runtime[70209] *** -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:]: attempt to insert nil

I am using the 360 Works Scriptmaster plugin with the app, but according to the Console log, all of the Scriptmaster functions are successfully registered prior to this error happening.  

Can anybody explain what this means or how to deal with it?  I am getting inconsistent behavior on different machines for running the same app.  I looked this error up in Google and found many references to this message in different contexts, none of them relating to Filemaker Pro or FMP Runtime issues.  It seems to be some sort of Cocoa exception.  

Why would a FMP OSX runtime app attempt to insert 'nil' into a NextStep Core Foundation array, causing a crash, but only on some machines, and not all the time???

Inquiring minds want to know...

Matt Bloomfield

Outcomes