2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2011 2:19 PM by KCGlass

Don't show labels if fields are left empty

KCGlass

Title

Don't show labels if fields are left empty

I am using FM11. I would like to figure out how to define a label to not show up if the field is empty.  For example....I have three different NOTES sections.  If only two are needed I want the Notes for the third field to not show when it prints or is in preview.  I have the sliding set ok so that other fields and labels will close up, however, I would also like those labels to disappear when appropriate. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Don't show labels if fields are left empty
          LaRetta_1

You can attach conditional formatting to the label:  IsEmpty ( Data::Note2 )

Below in the format, select 'more formatting', select font size and Custom and type 450.  In this way, the label will disappear if the field is empty.  You could also color the field same as background; however, in some instances (particularly using Citrix or displayed via Remote Access) or on various monitors, the label could show as a faint ghost.  If you use a large font size there will be no possibility of a ghost display and it will always remain completely invisible.

• 2. Re: Don't show labels if fields are left empty
            KCGlass

This is a great and easy fix.  Thank you!

I just wish I didn't have so many fields to format since I have already built out the form.

Thanks for your help!

-K