3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2011 1:37 PM by DavidWerling

Drag and Drop jpegs and png files in FileMaker Pro 11

bracke

Title

Drag and Drop jpegs and png files in FileMaker Pro 11

Hi guys.

I work for a printing company, and Im building a label system for the boxes, one of the things it needs is to have the preview of the printed piece on the label, so I want to be able to drag from my finder to my container and have a preview there (I use jpegs and png images) . Right now Im just inserting one by one, but that is a lot of work since we have over 500 orders a day, drag and drop looks like a fine solution for me.

PS: I don't understand why Bento has a build-in drag and drop and FMP doesn't, knowing that FMP is way more powerful than Bento. 

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Drag and Drop jpegs and png files in FileMaker Pro 11
          FentonJones

There is a way to drag-n-drop images into a web viewer, and have it do whatever. It requires both AppleScript and a "script event" plug-in; both of which are free. But it is a very tricky business, advanced level, with several pieces. Someone else (smarter than us :-) figured out how to do it.

So, if this is just for you, my advice would be to buy the Troi File plug-in, which has extensive support for this.

• 2. Re: Drag and Drop jpegs and png files in FileMaker Pro 11
            bracke

Thank you very much for your help Jones.

• 3. Re: Drag and Drop jpegs and png files in FileMaker Pro 11
              DavidWerling

If you are runnng off of one Mac or can share an iPhoto library I know that drag and drop works on linking images in iPhoto 09 to containers in Filemaker Pro 11.  At least on my Intel iMac drag and drop creates a reference link to the iPhoto library which actually creates images visible in Filemaker where they print to my Canon printer or to pdfs.   Of course, if you port your database file to another machine and the iPhoto reference link is broken an err message appears in the container field --nothing fatal, just a broken link.  

Since iPhotos is so good at organizing images this arrangement may actually work to ones advantage.