2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 6:32 AM by patrick.dinsmore

Drag from one portal to another

patrick.dinsmore

Title

Drag from one portal to another

Hi

Can anyone advise if they know if its possible to do the following.

I have a layout for building a quotation. there is one portal on the left that shows products from a related table, there is a second portal on the right that shows Line items for that particular quote.

What i would like to do is click on a portal line in products and drag it over the Line items portal, when dropped a simple popup would ask me the qty that i required.

• 1. Re: Drag from one portal to another
          philmodjunk

Would simply clicking a row in the products table to add it to line items be acceptable?

Drag and drop will copy the contents of a specific field to the field into which you "drop" the dragged contents. That could be made to work and without any scripting, but only if you drag from a Product ID field in one portal to a product ID field in the other. On the other hand, you can set up all the fields in the portal row as a button such that just clicking the portal row performs a script that uses set variable/set field to copy over the same product ID.

• 2. Re: Drag from one portal to another
            patrick.dinsmore

I currently have it set up as a button with script, which to be honest works fine for me. however i am trying to match how an older piece of software works as i think it will be more familiar with the staff that will end up using the solution.

I think it may be easier to stay with this option.

Thanks for the reply