AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drop down list issue on Windows

Question asked by SteveKeiser on May 22, 2014
Latest reply on May 23, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Drop down list issue on Windows

I have found an issue with how Windows behaves with drop down lists. On the Mac, I can tab into a drop down list, type a few letters and if the right item is highlighted, hit the enter key and the selected item is entered into the field as expected. I can also select the field with the mouse, scroll through the list and click on the highlighted item and it is entered into the field as expected.

However, in Windows, the only way I can select from the drop down list is to tab into the field, select the correct item by either typing a few letters, or selecting with the mouse, but then I must use the enter key to enter the desired selection into the field. I cannot enter the correct item by clicking on it with the mouse button.

I also noted that the drop down list does not activate on Windows by clicking on it with the mouse. It will only activate by tabbing into it.

If this is a known issue, I have not been able to find it commented upon in this forum. Since my layouts use both popups and drop downs, the Windows users get confused about sometimes being able to select an item with the mouse, and sometimes not being able to. 

Any light on this would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes