3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 6:00 AM by ConorEgan-Wylie

Drop Down Lists that filter

ConorEgan-Wylie

Title

Drop Down Lists that filter

Hi,

I have searched many times on this and soem unofficial forums but havent found anything that suits. Hopefully someone smarter than I am can help.

I am trying to creat a layout for inputing stock. I am working with Garments. This means there are a few different designs, then below that a few different colours then bolow that the sizes related to the colours. I have a primary key for each Garment design and then a primary key for the colour/size (i have called coloursizeid) When inputing stock deliveries there may be multiple designs, colours and sizes in one delivery. I have a layout that has a lot/delivery number, a Date and then a description (should this be needed) int he layout there is a portal so the incoming stock data can be simply listed then a script run to put this info into the inventory.

I have 2 things I want to happen - 

1. the drop down lists to Filter based on the provious fields data.

Design ID | Colour | Size

This means if I select the design ID it then filters the Colours to be relevant to that design, then when I select the colour the Sizes are filtered to match the available sizes for that Design and colour. 

2. The coloursizeID field to auto lookup based on this value. at present I have a script that enteres find mode sets the fields fidn the garment and puts the coloursizeid in but I feel this is a long way round.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it as I'm at a loss at the moment.

Thanks in advance