1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 8:54 AM by philmodjunk

Drop-Down List

RickRobbins

Title

Drop-Down List

I have a questions on drop-down lists:

1. A drop-down list - editing not allowed: When I first enter the field - the drop down list appears.  If I accidentally  click on the field (not a value in the drop-down list), the list disappears and it allows my to type into the filed.  I would like to hinder this as it is extremely confusing for my users because they have to click into another field than click back to get the drop-down list again.  It is important to note that they use the mouse and not the keyboard.

2. The same issue is with the calendar drop-down list.  I would like this to force this to choose a date through the mouse and not have them enter it direct.

• 1. Re: Drop-Down List
          philmodjunk

1)

To keep users from typing data into a field formatted with a drop down list, use one of the following techniques:
               a) switch to a pop up menu instead
               b) In Field Options for the field formatted with this value list, set the validation option that limits values to only those that are a member of the value list.
               c) Set up the OnObjectKeystroke script trigger on this field to perform this script: Exit Script [False]

2)

I believe that c) above will work on date fields though I haven't tried it.