AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drop-down menu displaying unique values

Question asked by Matty_1 on Jan 2, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 by Matty_1

Title

Drop-down menu displaying unique values

I have a table that contains a variety of entries for jobs that require approval by a manager before invoicing.  My initial design for sorting out what's already been invoiced versus what's to come was simply using a button that found all the entries who's status where "ready for invoice".  This proved to slow down the process as there can be serveral entries to approve at any given time.  My solution to this probelm was to create a second table related to the first using the clients name and showing all the records that have a status set to "ready for invoice".

As you approve the invoices they automatically get removed from the portal because I have a button that changes the status to "approved" and once the status is changed the portal no longer displays it.  This all works fine.

Where the lack of sleep kicks in is here, I just can't seem to make it work.  What I would like to do is have a drop-down menu that shows me only clients with a "Ready for invoice" status.  Further more I'd like to see the name appear only once in the drop down regardsless of the number of job pending approval.

Can someone help?

Note that I have a table with records that contain all my client information.

Outcomes