1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2015 9:27 PM by philmodjunk

Ducument numbering 2

RobinNeeves_1

Title

Ducument numbering 2

I have created a document and won't to add numbering.

When I print a document I won't to add a number automatically I would like the number to be recorded so that I can find and printed documents using that number at a later date so I can make updates to it and any fields attached to it and create certificates and reports.

Once I have printed the document if I need to do a reprint at any time I will need to find the document by the number given or the site name but once I update the record then that number will be finalised and will only be used if I need to check the record once the work is completed I will updated the records by amending a date field this will complete the document and I will not need to print it again so the next time I print a document for the same site it will then need a new number.

I am the only user for this program. 

I am using FileMaker Pro 13.0v4 at present as I have not been able to update to 13.0v5 due to an error.

I Thank you for your help

• 1. Re: Ducument numbering 2
          philmodjunk

I suggest calling FileMaker tech support for help updating to version 13.0v5. Install support is supposed to be provided free of charge.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you want to do here.

Does this document number identify a single record in a table, a group of records or does it identify the specific instance that the document was printed?

This sounds like a version control issue for controlled documents--such as you might find as part of an ISO 9000 quality assurance system.