Duplicate records with fields from another related table.
I have 2 tables set up in our database.
1. an event element in first table.
2. Schedule relating to the element in a second table. Appearing via a portal.
I need a way to do the following:
1. Select a button 'duplicate event element'
2. When button is pushed, duplicate selected fields from 'event element' into a new record with its own automatically generated event element ID number.
3. Duplicate certain related fields from the related schedule.
Are you able to assistt?
how do I select only certIn fields to duplicate when the button is pushed in the first table?
how do I get the schedule to duplicate specific fields too? This part is always stuffing up in my trials...
The schedule table and event element table are linked by a id number.
any help with the appropriate script would be greatly appreciated.