AnsweredAssumed Answered

Duplicating Portal Records with parent layout

Question asked by NonProfitEducationUser on Jul 25, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2014 by NonProfitEducationUser

Title

Duplicating Portal Records with parent layout

Hi,

I have been using this post to help me set up a script to duplicate the portal records when I duplicate the parent record; and it's been a huge help.

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/ac6afe2913

For the most part, it's working. But, rather than copying the portal records from the record I'm in when I run the script, it duplicated the current parent record details, but then is going back and grabbing the portal records from the first parent record I have. What part of the script to do I need to edit? (I also realize this is from around FMP 11, and I'm using 13 now, but didn't think that would matter).

More details:

I have a parent record for each group of students (groups A,B,C, for example). Then I have a tab with a portal that shows what their topic was on different days, along with the date (ie: 1/1/14; addition; 1/2/14; subtraction). When I create group A, I want to be able to duplicate everything- including the dates and topics because those are often exactly the same, I just see group B during a different time.

Everything in the script given seems to be working well, except grabbing the portals from the wrong parent. I've tried changing a few things, and just can't seem to get it to pull the correct records.

Thanks for any help!

Outcomes