2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 7:51 AM by servantheart

Dynamic Title and Date Modified

servantheart

Title

Dynamic Title and Date Modified

I am fairly new to FileMaker. I'm using FileMaker Pro 7.

I have a window that pulls up the Master Schedule of all of our clients. Is there a way to make the title in the header change automatically based on the data that is sorted? I would like to search for a specific client in a specific year and have that be the title. For example, I would sort through all of the data for just MacDonald's and 2010. How would I make the title read "2010 MacDonald's Master Schedule"?

I also need to have a date last modified field for the sort. I have been able to create a field in each record that shows when the specific record was last modified, but how do I create a field that shows the most recent modification from all of the records that have been sorted?

Thank you so much for your help!   

• 1. Re: Dynamic Title and Date Modified
          philmodjunk

For the first part, you can define a calculation field and place it in your header in place of the static layout text. There are several different ways you can do this and some of the exact details will depend on how you've set up your table, but one such cacluation field would look like this:

Year ( YourDateField ) & " " & YourNameField & " Master Schedule"

As long as all records in your found set have the same year and name, this field will accurately display what you want.

...how do I create a field that shows the most recent modification from all of the records that have been sorted?

Define a summary field and set it up to show the "maximum" of your modification date field. Then it will show the most recent date for all the records in your current found set.

• 2. Re: Dynamic Title and Date Modified
            servantheart

Thank you so much for your help!