1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 9:36 AM by philmodjunk

Dynamic Value List

JackandRowland

Title

Dynamic Value List

Dear Support:

I have been stuck on a problem for some time now.  I am trying to create a value list in a "subcategory field" that changes as the selection in a (popupmenu) "category field" is modified.  I have followed the example from the help feature to a T.  I have a suspicion that the problem is stemming because both fields are repeating fields.

The first repetition is never an issue.  It is only when I select a new category value in a subsequent repetition that the value list considers all previous repetitions in the category field.  How do I overcome this undesired effect?

Please help!

• 1. Re: Dynamic Value List
          philmodjunk

"How do I overcome this undesired effect?"

There are valid reasons for using repeating fields. However, in this case, if you can replace your repeating fields with a table of related records, you'll eliminate this issue. (Even horizontally oriented repeating fields can be replaced with a table of related records.)

Otherwise, as far as I know, you'd need to define a series of individual fields--each with separate value lists to do what you want.