3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 12:51 PM by philmodjunk

E-mail campaign question.

DwainRoberts

Title

E-mail campaign question.

This is probably a ridiculous question, but on the filemaker pre-fabricated "e-mail campaign" solution there are multiple tabbed pages, each showing different data.  Do those come from diferent tables or is it displaying different fields or manipulated data from the same table?

• 1. Re: E-mail campaign question.
          philmodjunk

Both. Some fields come from related tables and some do not. Also, what looks like a single tab control actually has tabs that function as buttons to take the user to different layouts with a similar tab control instead of to different tabs within the same control.

Enter layout mode and turn off Sample data in the View | Show menu. Related fields start with :: local fields do not. Double click fields to see the name of the table occurrence box in Manage | Database | Relationships to which they refer. If you click a file tab while in layout mode and nothing changes, it's a button, not a real file tab. A real file tab will switch to the selected tab.

• 2. Re: E-mail campaign question.
            DwainRoberts

Thanks.  I wanted to incorporate some of those features into my own database but didn't knwow how to tease it apart and copy it over.  Also I wish filemaker had some "how-to" help section for the e-mail campaign solution.

• 3. Re: E-mail campaign question.
              philmodjunk

Scripts can be imported. Layout objects can be copied and pasted while in layout mode, but the results may not be very useful to you. Both scripts and layouts include specific references to layouts and/or the table occurrences from Manage | Database | Relationships. When you pull these items into your file, the difference in layout, script and table occurrence names will 'break' many elements which then have to be updated to fix the problem after you have imported or pasted them into your file.