1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2009 10:59 AM by philmodjunk

e-mail or iCal notifications

RudyM

Title

e-mail or iCal notifications

We are using FMP 6v1 (Mac 10.5.8) and have databases with several different agents. What I would like to do is set up an automatic e-mail or iCal reminder 6 months from the time it was input to go to the agent's e-mail or iCal alarm. (i.e.) If I type a contract DB and the Agent's field is agent x, 6 month from now it will email agent x with a reminder noting thats when it was input. The same goes with agent y. Is this possible or is it available in a later version?

• 1. Re: e-mail or iCal notifications
          philmodjunk

It's definately possible with FMP 10. You can probably do it with FMP 6, but you'll have to research the documentation on how to use FMP 6 to send email. It has the capability, since I can find it in FMP 5.5 (I don't have FMP 6).

Here's a basic outline that'd work in FMP 5.5 and FMP 10 (Thus, presumably it'll work in FMP 6)

Define a calculation field cDate6Mos as

Date ( Month(yourdatefield) + 6 , Day (yourdatefield), Year (yourdatefield) )

Define a date field ReminderEmailed

#Exact script steps will vary depending on whether you use FMP 6 or 10:

Set the following script to run each time the file is opened:

Find all records where cDate6mos is < the current date and ReminderEmailed is blank

If any records are found, loop through them sending the email and using Set Field to log the current date in ReminderEmailed.