1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 10:46 AM by philmodjunk

E-Mailing Problem

NancyAlter-German

Title

E-Mailing Problem

Hi - Recently a new script was set up for me in Filemaker.  When the script runs, it is supposed to automatically open Lotus Notes and populate the BCC field with a list of emails.  The script works except that the emails addresses to not populate.  I do not know if the problem is with Filemaker, my operating system (Windows XP) or possibly Lotus Notes.  My associates computer, using Windows 7, the script works for her........however, my other associate, also on Windows 7, the script does not work.  Any help / advice is greatly appreciated.  -Nancy

• 1. Re: E-Mailing Problem
          philmodjunk

It would help if we could see the script that you created. A description of the tables, fields and relationships used would also be helpful. Another thing to check is whether Lotus Notes is specified as the default email client on each machine or not.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          3. If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)