3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2013 9:39 AM by philmodjunk

Each Portal row shows a repeat of only the first record's data

R12GS

Title

Each Portal row shows a repeat of only the first record's data

Having a strange problem with a portal.  Have a table of UPS billing detail.  This table has CustID and InvID fields.

On my Invoices Table I have 2 portals where I want to show this UPS billing detail.  One shows all UPS records for this invoiceID, and it works perfectly and shows the 6 different records for this invoice.

I duplicated the portal, and duplicated the relationship, then changed the relation to "CustID = CustID", to show all the UPS records for that customer.  The new portal shows the same record 21 times.  There are 21 records with that CustID so the record count is correct, but each record repeats with ONLY the 1st record's data.

Can anyone suggest what causes an error where it populates each portal row with the data from the first record?

InvID_CustID_portals.jpg

• 1. Re: Each Portal row shows a repeat of only the first record's data
          philmodjunk

Sounds like the fields in your duplicated portal are still from the original table occurrence instead of the new one you created for this second portal.

• 2. Re: Each Portal row shows a repeat of only the first record's data
            R12GS

Yes that was the problem.  It seems fields copied from a portal retain some invisible love for that original portal ;-)

I deleted all the fields (fields copied WITH the original portal)  and re-created them 'new' in the (.....copied but re-directed to a different relationship) portal, and everything works now!

THANKS PHIL !!!

• 3. Re: Each Portal row shows a repeat of only the first record's data
              philmodjunk

It's not invisible. If you click a field while in layout mode, the display data from box on the Inspector's data tab will show:

Table Occurrence::Field

Before you deleted and added fields, the fields in your layout showed the table occurrence name of the original table occurence in this box. The fields you have added show the table occurence name of the additional occurrence that you added for the new portal.

Instead of deleting the fields, you could have double clicked each while in layout mode to re-open specify fields. Then you could have selected the new table occurrence from the drop down list of "tables" in the top of this dialog. Since these are two occurrences of the same table, the correct field would still be selected when you did this.