5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 12:17 PM by ChristofBirkenmaier

Easy way of sending records from one database to an identically structured archive database ?

ChristofBirkenmaier

Title

Easy way of sending records from one database to an identically structured archive database ?

Hello guys,

would anyone of you have a suggestion on how my current problem could best be solved?

I manage a reasonably complex FM Pro 12 database for visiting students and fellows at a University hospital.

Since I do not want to keep ancient records in the main "working" database forever, but still need to keep an archive, I would like to send such records to an identically structured "archive" database for safekeeping and then delete them from the "working" database.

As always, this would ideally be accomplished by means of a script or a button click.

The same procedure would apply, whenever someone does not complete his / her application or otherwise fails to comply with the requirements..

After researching the forums, I could only find the solution of using the import process from within the "archive" database, but that is not as slick and easy as I would like it to work.

Does anyone in this forum have an idea how this could be accomplished in an easy way?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions,

Chris