I went back and adjusted the values for the data that had already been entered.
How did you do that? Sounds like you changed the value list, then clicked the appropriate check box.
I suggest pulling up these older records in FileMaker, then using a copy of this field, but formatted as an edit box to see the actual data present in the field. Do you get a 1 on one line and a zero on the next inside the field? Do you see some fields as 10 and others as 01, with the first digit the original value and the second digit the correct value?
Once you can determine the actual state of the data stored in your field, we can set up a replace field contents batch operation that cleans up your data so that it exports correctly.
I've went ahead and done this and you are right. How would I be able to do a replace field contents batch operation?
- Put an edit box formatted copy of this field on a layout based on the table in which it was defined.
- Make a copy of your database. Replace Field contents can modify up to every record in a given table and cannot be undone.
- Examine your data to determine what is supposed to be in this field. If you see 10 and it should be 0, Perform a find for all records that have 10 in this field.
- Edit this field on one record to give it the correct value (0) and leave the cursor in the field.
- Select Replace Field Contents and use the current value option to update all the other records in your found set to have the same value.
- Repeat for each different value that needs to be changed.
perfect. thank you!