2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 6:17 AM by Terri

Edit field data disappears in IWP

Terri

Title

Edit field data disappears in IWP

I believe I posted this on the wrong forum previously.

I have a simple text field, it isn't global. In FMP 11 server I can add data in this field, modify it, delete it.

If I enter data in the server, it shows up just fine in IWP. However, if I want to add data to this field (in adding a new record for example), I type it in, hit submit and the data I typed in that field disappear. If I want to modify the data in that field for an existing record, I type it in, hit submit and it doesn't change, it reverts back to the original data.

The same things occurs in Safari and Citrix.

I'm sure this is something simple....

Terri

• 1. Re: Edit field data disappears in IWP
          davidanders

The field is a simple text field, not global, no verification.

The user you sign in as has permission to edit the field.

You can edit it at the server.

You can edit it with Filemaker opening it from the server.

There is not two fields on top of each other.

If the field is added to a different layout for testing, it acts the same.

The field is not formatted with a strange font.

The database is backed up and opening a copy of the backup acts the same way.

If a copy of the database is recovered with Filemaker, it acts the same way.

• 2. Re: Edit field data disappears in IWP
            Terri

The field is a simple text field, not global, no verification. - Yes

The user you sign in as has permission to edit the field. - I am the admin and have full access.

You can edit it at the server. - Yes

You can edit it with Filemaker opening it from the server. - Yes

There is not two fields on top of each other. - No

If the field is added to a different layout for testing, it acts the same. - No, actually, I just tried it in another layout and it worked fine. I then pasted these fields back into the original layout and now they seem to work. Odd.

The field is not formatted with a strange font. - No

The database is backed up and opening a copy of the backup acts the same way. - Didn't test.

If a copy of the database is recovered with Filemaker, it acts the same way. - Didn't test.

Did that field get corrupt somehow? And that is why it working when I pasted it back in? Good to know for the future.

Thanks much.