3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2009 6:29 PM by comment_1

Edit find Requests in a script

Yvan

Title

Edit find Requests in a script

When in a script, how do I specify a field from a different table under criteria in the Edit Find Request dialog?

In the script editor I select;

Enter Find Mode,

In the Script Step Option, I click on the "Specify.." button.

In the Specify Find Requests dialog, I click on New

This is where I need help, in the Edit Find Request dialog, I want to specify in the Criteria, a field from 

another table. How do I enter it? I have tried to enter Global::month under Criteria in hope to get the value from

the table "Global" field "month" but when I perform the script, the search is for Global::month literally not the value

from the table and field.

I have searched the documentation and forums but can not find how to write it. Thanks for any help.

Yvan

• 1. Re: Edit find Requests in a script
          comment_1
             You need to select the field from the list of fields that appears in the dialog. There's a popup menu just above the list for selecting the table (or rather table occurrence) from which the fields are displayed.
          • 2. Re: Edit find Requests in a script
            Yvan

Hi,

Yes, I understand how to enter the table occurence and field under "Find records when"on the left but on the right in the "Criteria" I would like to specify a global field from another table. I want the "Criteria:"to be based on a record from a different table.

For example on the left, Find Records When ledger::date = on the right (under Criteria) Global::dat

thanks

• 3. Re: Edit find Requests in a script
              comment_1

That is not possible: stored find requests are literal (static). They cannot contain a reference to a (dynamic) data source.

You need to swich to a different method:

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [ ledger::date ; Global::dat ]

Perform Find []