AnsweredAssumed Answered

Editable Summary for invoice system

Question asked by MichaelVoccola on Aug 24, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2011 by MichaelVoccola

Title

Editable Summary for invoice system

I have a portion of my database that acts essentially as an invoice system. The setup currently works great with one exception; I can't edit the discount percent from vendors (a cost per line-item) once the item in in the inventory.

I do have a section setup that calculated the discount when the inventory is added to the "line-items" table, but if I wanted to change it per-invoice, I am a little stuck without having to do it manually.

What I am trying to end up with is a portal that shows all the vendors present on the invoice, and a column with the discount percent in it. There, I would like to be able to edit the discount percent and have it reflect accordingly on the line items that vendor has present on the current invoice, without affecting other invoices or the "inventory" table.

I am comfortable with most of the process of creating this, with the exception of the actual portal itself; I am not sure how to actually get only on occurence of each vendor that is present on the invoice in the table and being able to globally adjust that discount amount on all line item records for the invoice.

Outcomes