1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2014 7:29 PM by philmodjunk

Editing records with popover

useruser

Title

Editing records with popover

I currently have a layout setup where there are days of the week, and each portal has an "edit popover". The popover is meant for the user to edit the current records in the portal. I have a script set up so that it replaces the field "name", but currently the script replaces all values for "name" to the same thing. I would like only the specific date to have the name changed. Solutions?

if anyone would like to use teamviewer or joinme to see the issues and scripts/records, please send me a message. I'm new to filemaker

• 1. Re: Editing records with popover
          philmodjunk

It's very unlikely that your script is replacing all values to the same thing unless you are using the replace field contents script step--which would not be the script step to use in such a script.

I suggest posting your script and documenting your relationship on which the portal is based.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post a New Answer.
          3. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5. If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.