3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2012 2:26 PM by philmodjunk

Editing starter solutions....

MichaelValentino

Title

Editing starter solutions....

i am using the invoices starter solution, it allows me to enter parts ect used on a job which is great. I need to be able to enter a text box to write up a description for work perfrormed, and have it print along with the parts portionof the layout....  How can i accomplish this feet?  There are some other minor changes i want  to make, but i think i can figure those out...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael,

• 1. Re: Editing starter solutions....
          philmodjunk

Services Performed can be entered into the products table and sold by selecting those options in the LineItems portal just as though you were selling a physical product. The difference being that this item would not be an inventory item.

• 2. Re: Editing starter solutions....
            MichaelValentino

It wouldbe very benificial to me, if i can have it bea seperate box, and bettr yet if i can get them to print seperately so the work performed box is on the first page. I know i am asking alot. I don't know much about the whole part setup, if that is even needed to solve this issue.

Michael,

• 3. Re: Editing starter solutions....
              philmodjunk

You'll need to invest some time in learning how to design a FileMaker database. You can get what you describe while still using records in Products to list services as well as parts.

You can use two filtered portals to LineItems instead of one the portal filter keeps parts in one portal and services in another. Conditional value lists can be used so that the list of productID's in the parts portal list only parts and a different conditional value list in the services portal lists only services offered.

The layout used to print your invoice can then use sub summary parts and sorting to keep parts and services listed in separate groups under their own sub headings.