AnsweredAssumed Answered

Efficient invitations and attendance tracking (Multi Select Control?)

Question asked by user15087 on Aug 9, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Efficient invitations and attendance tracking (Multi Select Control?)

Hello, I am new to FileMaker, but I have worked with databases before. I have several tables.

I have two layouts that are driven by three tables each that needs some help.

Invitations and attendance layout

This layout is to allow a meeting planner to quickly mark off participants as invited and/or attended to an event. I have a participants table to track all potential invitees and a meetings table to track the various events.

Intersecting these two table (Participants and Meetings) is a table called MeetingParticipants.

The meeting table has event pertinent fields. The participants table has fields that contain an individuals personal attributes. The intersection table meetingparticipants has information like invited, attended, reimbursed, etc.

What is the best way in FileMaker to allow a meeting planner to select a meeting, quickly checkoff or indicate that 100 people have been invited.... (by name) then later go back and indicate that 50 of them showed up? I had a hunch that some type of multi select listbox should do the trick....

Invoices and Invoice History layout

I believe my other layout is solvable with tabs and portals... Invoices which matches participants, meetings, meetingparticipants, and has a document history. So while I toil away trying to fix my invited/attended issue above I am also preparing a plan for the final other step that lies ahead... I appreciate any assistance.

Thank you, Arman Barsamian

Meetings_and_Payments_Copy_150x150_p1.png

Outcomes