2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2009 7:15 AM by DonorTracker

eliminate object icon in container field?

DonorTracker

Title

eliminate object icon in container field?

I'm trying to switch from Bento ... and I'm currently dusting off my old copy of FMPro-7, which I never got very far with and put away on the shelf.

Is there a way to eliminate that space-wasting icon in a container field that stores the link to a file?  All I want to see is the file name.

• 1. Re: eliminate object icon in container field?
          Jens Teich
             Create a calc field (type text) = container. This field will show the file name and maybe more info about the file. In that case you can extract the file name from the calculation field.

If you want to remove the container field itself from the layout, you need a button with 'Insert File' script step to enter files into the container field.

Jens

• 2. Re: eliminate object icon in container field?
            DonorTracker

OK, that sounds a bit harder than I expected. Maybe I will tolerate the icon for a bit longer while my develop my FM skills.

If I use a calc field and if I use the Insert File script button, is it possible to have a field that contains several files in list -- without having a portal to a separate table?  (Again, trying to mimic the Bento file list field.)

Update: I notice that if I set the container properties so that the image icon is "cropped" -- and then resize the container field so that there is just room for the filename text, then I don't have to look at an icon in form view.