1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 10:53 AM by philmodjunk

Eliminating Duplicate Rows in Summary Report with Counts

Larry_2

Title

Eliminating Duplicate Rows in Summary Report with Counts

I am trying to figure out how to eliminate duplicate rows when producing a summary report in FileMaker Pro.  See the attached image where I'm trying just get the total counts for each group.

I have tried used the Field | Hide Field option but then the whole column disappears along with the count.  How can I view this so that there is only one line for each Race, Gender, Age Group combination with the total count?

Thanks

FileMakerProSummaryExample.jpg

• 1. Re: Eliminating Duplicate Rows in Summary Report with Counts
          philmodjunk

A summary report is generally created in list view where you can get much nicer formatting than you can in table view.

If you want one row for each race, change to list view and change the body layout part into a sub Summary part "when sorted by Race". You can do this easily if you double click the body part label while in layout mode.

Then arrange your fields and resize this part to get the look you want and be sure to keep your records sorted by Race whenever you browse, preview or print from this layout. (In browse mode, the layout will be blank until the records are sorted in a sort order that includes the Race field.)