4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 2:09 PM by philmodjunk

Email

StanleyCarter

Title

Email

hi,

I have created an email button, I have inserted a standard email and I want that when the email button is clicked within the specific record it inserts name, position, company name.. and other details within the record.

I have tried insert the email "specify calculation" but it doesnt seem to work.

How can i insert normal text (the text of the email) and within i want to have it insert text from within the record.

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Email
          philmodjunk

There is more than one option. One method (if this info will always be inserted in the same way each time you run this script), is to click the button with the arrow next to the "body" part of Send Mail and construct a calculation such as:

"Dear " & YourTable::name & ", ¶¶" &

"This is to notify you ..." & and so forth....

It's also possible to construct the body of your email in a text field and then set up Send Mail to refer to that text field. Scripts, buttons and/or calculations can all be used with that field to produce the body of your email..

• 2. Re: Email
            StanleyCarter

Hi PhilModJunk,

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried this and it keeps giving the error -

"An operation (e.g. +,-,*, ...) is expected here"

• 3. Re: Email
              StanleyCarter

"Company:" & Companies Details::Company Name & ¶¶ & 
              "Name:"       & Companies Details::MD Name & ¶¶ & 
              "Priority Covered:"  & Companies Details::Products & ¶¶ & 

This is how ive done it.

Hope it helps.

• 4. Re: Email
                philmodjunk

a single pilcrow, ¶ can be used without quotes. More than one in a string requires that they be enclosed in quotes. Your pasted example also seems to have an extra ampersand at the end (&) that should not be there unless you only pasted part of your expression.

"Company:" & Companies Details::Company Name & "¶¶" & 
                "Name:"       & Companies Details::MD Name & "¶¶" & 
                "Priority Covered:"  & Companies Details::Products & "¶¶"