1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 11:54 AM by philmodjunk

email and web buttons not working in instant web publishing

welcomehomejoe

Title

email and web buttons not working in instant web publishing

I created a database that works well in IWP but the email and web buttons that were part of then base database don't work when I access from IWP.  Any ideas or suggestion?

Is there a script that needs to be added or something that can be edited to make this work?

Seems strange that so many items don't work or don't work well in IWP.  It has been around for many years and there are still so many elements that don't work.  I am using FMP 12 advanced.

Am I missing anything?  Is there a way to make it more compatible?

Joe

• 1. Re: email and web buttons not working in instant web publishing
          philmodjunk

What exactly is a "web" button?

Send Mail is not compatible with IWP unless you use the SMTP option.

You can use the compatibility drop down in the script editor to check and see what script steps are compatible with IWP and which are not.

Seems strange that so many items don't work or don't work well in IWP.

Which is why it was replaced with WebDirect via FileMaker Server with the release of FileMaker 13. While that option requires Server 13, it produces a user interface in most web browsers that is much closer to the typical FileMaker Pro user interface.