2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 8:44 AM by revmk

Email contents of multiple container fields

revmk

Title

Email contents of multiple container fields

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can help. 

I have the following setup; 2 tables (table 1 'tbl_detail' with a one to many relationship to table 2 'tbl_scans').  The first table accepts details of a service and the second holds scanned records viewable on a layout (based on table 1) in a sublayout.  This seems to work OK. 

However I need a way to take all the information from table 1, with the related information in table 2, and email it.

How would be best to achive this? 

I have tried an export field routine without sucess due to the relationship and multiple files.  I was hoping it could all be combined into one table/file and exported in a single entity.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Email contents of multiple container fields
          philmodjunk

What format are your "scanned records" PDF's, JPEG's or ? Are these single page documents or multiple. If you have single page documents, you can use containers or web viewers to display the single page of the document on a filemaker layout. If you then pull up all the related records in a found set, a PDF of this layout might be able to combine all your information in a single layout and you can attach this single PDF to your Email.

Your other option, especially if any of your documents stored in containers are multi-page, is to invest in an email plug in with the ability to send email with multiple attachments.

• 2. Re: Email contents of multiple container fields
            revmk

I think i'll go with the PDF option, you sir are a genius!